Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Tuesday, January 01, 2008
2007 in short


Looking back at the past year, phew, what a ride!

Just like that, the date 070707 has left and not to reappear again. I always thought it would be exceedingly special for that day to be a significant event in life. I think I spent it like any other day. So that leaves me with 080808 090909 101010 111111 and 121212. I wonder if there is any chance of me getting married on any of those days.

I digress. In way of personal life, 2007 has been much more significant. It marks the first year in University, a new stage in life. Learning aplenty, about the human condition, about life, and striking a balance between achieving an objective and appealing to the masses. Perhaps a little too absorbed into my microcosm that is the University.

School aside, 2007 was the year of many new acquaintances, the freshies of winterhill, the smashing culties, and the extended 55 gang. All you interesting people, adding colour to the wonderful world.

Of course, 2007 was also a yea of heartbreak, the first in a long time, but nonetheless a valuable learning point. The best/worse part? That might have just been a sub quest, a half year long sub quest. Well, many of you already know, that endeavour ended in rejection, though, nothing really serious or damaging, in fact, I'm still great chums with her, yeah, Claire? (Hey, ouendan showdown still pending girl!)

2007 was a great year for discovery and exploration, to Japan, to Thailand, to the depths of the human psyche and back, knocked up and under, slapped straight in the face and alive to tell the tale. I'll be back you hear, as long as I still stand, I shall continue to stand for the right and protect the meek.

The world of course moves along as the year progresses. 2007, the great video game revival, the long awaited rejuvenation of the gaming scene finally arrives in style and panache. From Crisis to Gears of War to the DS, it was a wonderful time to be a gamer.

In the geopolitical scene, nothing much has moved, democracy takes a hit in Pakistan with the assassination of Bhutto. It stands to serve as a stark reminder of the nature of political games, that we cannot expect a civil and safe environment and expect the whole world to conform to that set of standard. People in their own hometown faced with their own problems will resort to their own conceptions of a solution to tackle it. In some case, that results in the loss of life.

That as they say is human nature.

Whilst on that very topic, nature shows no relenting in her display of protest. Freak weather, and receding polar caps topped the headlines as terrorism finally takes the backseat and settle for 2nd.

---


Indeed, 2007, a year just like any other, and also a year special in its unique way, for the memories, the emotions, the events and the contents paint a brilliant picture upon the millions and billions of lives that have been touched through the year. A masterpiece that traces the journey of 07 from dawn to dusk is filled with contributions from both you and I. The ties we forge become the palette to paint the canvas, the moments that take us in awe, the paintbrush, and the emotions and sensations the paint adorning the kaleidoscope of colours and patterns.

Each year, a new painting is hung on the wall, each year, renews the process of the artist that paints the picture of his life.

Sometimes, I stop to wonder, "What am I going to paint next?" At times, the laborious continum, of what to colour in next bothers me.

That's why I'm alive that's why we're alive; To figure out some semblence of purpose and meaning, and find the means to effect that.

Welcome 2008. My resolution would be to ovehaul my wardrobe.


Gavin pondered @ 20:48


Under the layers of dust