Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Feel so?




Darn, got hit by that Guitar hero song. Anyone has the mp3?

That aside, I started rather recently at people who made my heart sink. This poor lady picking up scraps of the table at Botak Jones last week and that elderly gentleman all dishevelled, wandering down town. people like that, they draw out this sense of sympathy. You wish you could do something for them, but whatever you do is insignificant, and the futility of it all makes the despair harder to dismiss.

Why them and not someone else? I have to force myself to ignore them, telling myself not to get sentimental. Simply put, the world is made up of a balance, a balance of a system in balance. Balance between happiness and sadness, balance between good and evil , and balance between the rich and the poor. It's hard to ight the compulsive urge to beleive that tehre's such a naive state where all the suffering will disappear.

Sure, it might disappear in a fantasy world, but in reality, that's a different story.

Then what can I do for these people? Definitely, not going out to comfort everyone of them, that is impossible. I feel, that being a symbol, an example to inspire others to go out of their way to treat these people with a little more respect, with a little more kindness, and maybe they will pay it forward to the next person.

or so i try to coax myself. It's hard to achieve, especially when conformity and cold-heartedness has pervaded much of the world around me. Too cautious, and too cynical these days.

I shouldn't be. These poor people deserve our respect, they deserve our kindness and a little break from the hardships of life, like we all are entitled too. just because we had a shitty day, or just because we've just been dumped is no reason to stare at these people with the scorn and contempt of our unhappiness.

i think that's one of our common failings, as people. We take our rage, our unocntentedness and project it upon others around us. "Society would be a better place without these scums", "Get out of my way, beggar."

No, no anymore. It's not fair to them, it's not fair for us to do so. At least I promise not to have such thoughts anymore.

I really think a lot of us are pretty fortunate to be in the comfortable situation we are in, and wonder, what have we done to deserve that which others are so much more in need of.

Just plain luck?

It's an unsatisfactory answer, but the only reasonable one, in the thing called life. So why do i feel so bad about it?


Gavin pondered @ 21:19


Under the layers of dust