Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Thursday, July 20, 2006
On Food


EDIT 21 July: View the Phuket Photoes here: Phukey Photos

Photos from meixian's camera added to the previous posts.


One of the most startling changes since returning from Phuket is my poor old stomach. Fact is, I can't seem to take as much or as oily food ever since I flew back. For dinner, 1 chicken wing, 1 prawn fritter, a few pieces of gizzard and I could take no more.

It's almost as though the capacity of my stomach has shrunk.

I think the diet in Phuket was pretty good for my body if that's the case. 2 light meals a day. I hope it's not a bout of food poisoning.

However, I've always thought that the food that Singaporeans consumed were too oily to be any good for the body in the long run. Fried and processed, and more often, not even remotely resembling the original source of the food.

Let me try to list out the total amount of food I had in Phuket.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, toast x4, sausage x2, hot chocolate
Lunch: Nil
Dinner: Grilled corn, Rice, Tom yam Soup, Green Curry and "Fried Morning Glory" (It's kang kong, btw)

Day 2:

Breakfast: Nil
Lunch: 2 Prawn fritters, 2 Chicken slices, 1 Spring Roll
Dinner: Noodles, eggs, M&Ms

Day 3:

Breakfast: Nil
Lunch: Same as Day 2
Dinner: Sea Food extravaganza! (1/2 a lobster, 1/2 a Phuket prawn, 1/2 cray fish, 1 Tiger Prawn, 1/2 slab of makerel, some squid, banana split)

Conclusion? How the world did we NOT starve to death? hahhaa
---

Mood: Emaciated
Listening to: Elvis - Good Luck Charm


Gavin pondered @ 21:24


Under the layers of dust