Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Thursday, May 04, 2006
Songs, songs.


Who else here feels that the old songs are starting to sound really nice to you?

I heard Sukiyaki (it's actually called Ue wo muite in Japan) being played during lunch and I bagan listing out the songs that I enjoy. "Listen to the Rythmn of the Falling Rain", "Hey Jude", "I can see clearly", "Don't worry be happy".

Speaking of songs, they're not just about the music, not just about the lyrics, they are an amalgamation of both and more. Sometimes, a song is special because it has special significance, secret connotations that only the esoteric few will comprehend.

There's songs that I absolutely love, yet, there's no explanation for that inkling. Forexample, japanese songs. I like quite very many of them. The ever delectable LA LA LA LA Love Song is a favourite, but there is one point. I do not profess to understand Japanese. Something is magical about that song that draws me to it. Even after 10 years, it still sounds so sweet. Not until recently did I bother to check the lyrics, and found out, that it is quite a sweet song too.

Another song, that had a profound effect on me, as SMAP's Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana. I liked it very much, and the lyrics, until I checked, actually made me feel how it was supposed to. Without knowing the words, I felt the song.

That's what makes a powerful song. A song that reaches to your heart despite seemingly impossible barriers (language).

Afterall, the world does move in mysterious ways.


Gavin pondered @ 21:16


Under the layers of dust