Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, May 08, 2006
Post Elections


With the elections over and the storm abating, we're all left to slowly ease back into normalcy. Some events have been downright hilarious, and others played to the point it became dreary.

I won't forget the "Bak Chor Mee" Podcast from Mr.Brown, brilliant comedy. Listen to it: The Persistently Non-Political Podcast no.6

So, 82/84 again.

I must profess I have heard and learnt a great many things in this period of time. I wasn't eligible to vote (They think I'm too darn young), but I was rather intrigued by it all.

The point is, Singapore does not want to step into a renaissance world. People in the country are still concerned about their survival, and being in the midst of the crowd at the rallies I attended, I could feel that.

They don't want art. No. They need job security, they need a promise of a future, who know not of a "master" plan to step into a cultured society.

The avant garde, the young, we can have our ideals, but the bottom line is, there are a million other people who need to be fed.

which further emphasizes the point that Singapore needs great commanders to pave the way with their vision and ideas, and good leaders to make sure that these are met, whilst ensuring the people are happy.

now we seem to only have a slew of misguided people who don't believe in or trust the government.

Which leads me to think. Politicians? Do they be, beacuse they want to be, or do they be because they are needed? Or are they simply because they are trained and groomed?


Gavin pondered @ 21:23


Under the layers of dust