Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, May 01, 2006
Dialogue called Incongruous


A empty room, an empty void with nothing but 2 chairs, and two people. But this is no odinary room.

Black: Hey, are you perfect?

White: I don't know. I don't think so, but I probably am.

Black: I think you are not. You just like to appear so, a little facade that you choose to present to the world. What are you, really?

White: I am but who I am.

The room begins to shift. They now stand on opposite walls of the room.

Black: Simple you claim, but look, now you stand high up on the ceiling.

White: But I am not. It is you who stands on the ceiling.

Black: (Ponders the possibility.) That might be true. Yes you have a point. It is true that I might be the one who stands on the ceiling. After all, I profess to be a rather complex thing. However, consider this! Could it be that we both are standing neither on ground nor roof, but only on the walls at the side?

White: What nonsense you speak! (Produces a little book) It is written here in this little book I have, that I stand on ground. Naturally, you must be standing up on the top.

Black: Is that so? Why, can I ask, is that book expounding the undisputed truth?

White: I think that since it is written, therefore it must be. Don't you think?

Black: I don't think so. The book merely suggest does it not? Look I shall walk round all of them for you. (Proceeds to traverse all 6 sides, and stopping at the one before.) See?

White: You can do that, you wilful spirit, but I shall fail if I try.

Black: (Sits on the chair) Is it? Have you tried?

White: (Shakes head) Not yet.

Black: Why not?

White: I don't want to.

Black: But if you don't, you will never know.

White: But if I don't I won't fall.

Black: I see. I shall not compel you further. (Glances down/up at White) I apologize.

White: You don't have to.

5 minutes of silence.

Black: I don't understand you.

White: I don't understand you either.

(White appears on the same wall as Black)

White: Don't worry.


Gavin pondered @ 09:57


Under the layers of dust