Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, February 20, 2006
Short Story


Scene 1: Starbucks

Waitress: so you've come here to study?
Me: silence
Waitress: You're hear to study?
Me: Gives a silly smile. Sorry... I can't hear you.
Waitress Very patiently. You came here to study?
Me: Whole series of thoughts run through the head, including that of her trying to chase unwanted and over-staying customers away Err... Nope.
Waitress: What're you doing now? Studying
Me: Revelation Oh, I'm in NS now.

End Scene

What the fuck!?

The nice waitress was trying to be polite and social, and I assumed that she was going to utter some snide/cynical things. I think I'm beyond help. Fortunately, I think there's hope for the service industry.

BUT

I think, I need to go out more often. Talk to people more.

I need to stop the voice in my brain from painting bad pictures of people.

People are fun.

People are good.

There's hope still.

By the way, thanks for a great time, Cheryl.


Gavin pondered @ 17:58


Under the layers of dust