Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Friday, February 24, 2006
For posterity's sake


Hours tick by and nothing may flow. At other times, rivers run dry in merely a second. This boy here knows not of the essence of timing, nor the importance of patience.

He does, however, know of few virtues. Enthusiasm, bravery, and persistence.

Thus he ends up rushing zealously towards a wall of spikes. Repeatedly.

Especially when the hours flow long and slow, the inclination to do silly things reaches a high.

At present, I languish in self-pity over an issue that should be of no consequence. Finding fault with me for being myself. Perchance a passing fad to reprimand oneself is prevalent in the winds.

Is that not tacit admission to one's fallability?

Of course, one must not take me too seriously, forI find that I am simply putting thoughts to words for posterity's sake.

I believe that I should have disposed of myself in the course of the last fews days. Worthless actions and unnecessary outbursts. Although they were not entirely in vain. These flaws shall be the foundations on which a stronger and better self will be built.

Learn how to first let go of the fishing line, then perhaps the reason why it snaps will reveal itself.

I once heard a story about the bird in the cage. It tells that a bird set free that flys back to you is better than a bird in cage that shys from you.

The lesson here is about giving freedom and having trust. Confidence and faith in the hands of your birds. Similarly, if a leader were to micro-mange everything, then the men will definitely feel irritated that their leader is unwilling to rely on them.

Similarly, if a dog is leashed every moment of its life. And every single second spent in close proximity to its owner, then the dog might as well not be a living thing.

I think I am liable to this fatal mistake. I need to be more confident.


Gavin pondered @ 12:14


Under the layers of dust