Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Thursday, January 26, 2006
Tea Spa


Hidden in a little corner in Raffle splace is a little cafe I'd like to recommend.

Tea spa at the Caltex House. Nice ambience, and quiet. Almost empty except for 2 ladies seated at another table.Staring at the menu, one word came to mind. It was "huh?".Flower tea, herbal tea, green tea, white tea. It went on and on. Stare back at the decor, I saw incense coil hanging from the ceiling. Nope, they were definitely NOT mosquito coils.

Looking back at the menu, I still had no clue. The menu was rather quaint. A clipboard with printed brown paper. It was a really tranquil spot.

Still, the words made no sense.

I see, is that wooden mats on the table? How lovely!

Amanda had decided. "Bai Mu Tan" was her choice.

"You have to say it with the english slang 'Bye Moo Ten'," she enthused with an ernest face. I laughed, but nope, still not decided. So, I did what any intelligent person would do. Request for the waiter's recommendation.

That's how I got into trouble. "Would you like something refreshing?"

I ordered some sort of ginger tea with mint, a certain brew with the name "awake". It's not disastrous, but it's quite strange. Got me awake it certainly did!

On hindsight, I actually quite liked the tea. A light green, off-brown brew.

Tried the Chocolate Crunch, basically chocolate cake with a bottom layer of cereal. Nothing spectacular, nonetheless, decent. The chocolate was not rich enough. I very much prefered the Green Tea Tiramisu I stole a bite off.

Had a little lesson on how tea turns bitter if left standing, and listened to the wonderful jazz music playing in the background. I let Amanda exlpain how one could like to sing chinese songs but not necessarily like those songs, and rather prefer Nat King Cole. I don't mind, I like people who like jazz.

Tea leaves with hot water refils, and cake for just $9.90 (Last order at 4.45pm). I think I will go back there again.

Free <br />Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
This is Neko, Amanda's pet cat.


Gavin pondered @ 22:24


Under the layers of dust