Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, January 15, 2006
Pulau Ubin


I had an urge to go to Ubin for some exploring, so I did. Albeit without a camera, for both my p-9 and Sl3000 ran out of battery.

Why did I want to go? I don't really know, but just that I know I haven't been there in 6 years. I like the feeling of roaming around that island. Ever since I've been back from Gunung Ledang, it seems like whatever nature has to offer in Singapore is so mild.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Arrival on the Island: After a little deliberation, the route was agreed on, and off we headed to Chek Jawa.


Chek Jawa

The flooded mangrove. Beautiful.

Taking a picture of houf taking a picture of me!

Holey wooden plank

Remains of a long-dead boat.

Actually, that island was much smaller than we had expected. an hour on the bike covered a great deal of the ground. Nonetheless, I was quite entranced by the rustic feel of the quite sleepy island.


Boat by the stilted hut

The beach
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Seng on his bike
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
White cat

3 of the 4 explorers, Jac, Seng and Houf
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
He's the king of the world!

After that, it was time to say good bye.


Leaving on a bumboat

Sitting at the edge of the bumboat
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Seng and I, sitting on the edge of the bumboat

And that was a good trip!

It was one of the first few times using my V3 as a camera, and it is a poor substitute indeed.

By the way, the Singapore expo is a good place to go to ona quiet night. The Tandoori Place is quite good.


Gavin pondered @ 01:39


Under the layers of dust