Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Potpourri


Mentors

I find that I am very fortunate to have elders who can guide me along. Like every protaganist has the wise trader or the knowledgable innkeeper to dispense words of advice. I am lucky that they share something in common with me, that is a sort of fire that burns inside.

I enjoy talking to them, in fact, it more accurate to say that I enjoy listening to them. They have years of ecperience over me, and many a time, I just rather take a backseat and let them do the talking. It's also a huge boost to know that they are willing to share their experience with me, when they can so easily pass me off as one of the otehr people.

People like them give me hope that there is something, someone worth fighting for. I really wish I can learn all that I can from them someday, and I think I'm starting to get infected with a bout of humaninteractingitis. It makes me want to go out and find more such people, talk with them, understand that there is more than one opinion on this world.

Unfortunately, people like them are few and far between.

Music obsession: Mozart

The Tchaikovsky phase has worn off, and it is now replaced by an infatuation with Mozart. Mozart craze as I call it was (re)ignited by Piano Concerto No. 21 k467. Little needs to be elaborated on why piano concertos appeal so much more to me. (For the misinformed, I used to play the piano)

Tchikovsky's music had a gradeur about it, huge, large symphonies playing a powerfully strong song. Whereas Mozart's Piano Concertos are chamber pieces, and focuses more on finese and skill, unlike Tchaikovsky's pieces' raw power.

Needless to say, the value of the pieces also lie in the ability of their performers, and precisely because Mozart's pieces require more individual skill from the performers, that makes me feel more connected with the piece. They boast different kinds of beauty and for the moment, I am more entranced by the beauty that is present in Mozart's pieces.

For Piano Concerto 21, the crucial part of the piece is the piano. The better the paino player, the better the piece will sound. The more competent he/she is, the faster and better the piano solo can be performed.

For example, I have 2 version of the piece, and the differences between the two is a stark contrast. In fact, one of them is a full minute longer due to the slower and less capable pianist.

Dang. I feel like taking piano lessons again.

Clothes Shopping

I. Hate. Crowds. Full Stop

CDs

But I did buy 2 CDs, Mozart's Piano Concertos 17, 19, 21 and 25, performed by the Ambache Chamber Orchestra, piano by Diana Ambache. It's not as good as the version I already have, but that CD does not state who was the pianist. Damn.

I bought Miles Davis Kind of Blue.

I think I am going to be stuck on those CDs for the rest of the night.

Romeo and Juliet

Dreaming that I was in a love affair as intense as theirs. Somehow love that deos not end in death of the two lovers do not appeal much to me. Masochistic streak? Maybe, but I definitely do not want to settle for anything less.

What is the point in meeting a girl, dating the girl, marry, have kids, and start a family? That would be just like everyone else. There must be pain, there must be suffering, and then there will be romance, flirting and all the intese feelings. Perhaps a little death can be thrown in too.

Something along the lines of old Romeo and Juliet would fit the bill. Love at first sight, followed by seperation, and the trials in between topped off with a generous dose of obstacles. You do not find anything like that in this day and age.

Thinking

Unable to stop thinking. Voices in my head, though not as bad as in the past.

Obsession

Almost becoming a reflex action. It has got to stop. I'm not talking about me, but you. This one particular reader.


Gavin pondered @ 09:04


Under the layers of dust