Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Friday, October 21, 2005
Time Magazine's 100 all-time Novels


the list is located : here

Unfortunately, I must be a ill-read brute for apparently, I have only heard of 5 of those books before, and had only read 3! The Lord of the Flies, To Kill a Mockingbird and Anmal Farm. This is quite atrocious! Those people definitely have a questionable taste in books.

I can almost swear that the list is quite lousy. Anyone else notices that almost ALL the books are by American authors?

------


After reading some of the reviews, I find that 2 of the books actually sound quite interesting.

Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger (The title has me sold)
1984, George Orwell (Read bits and pieces, never really completed it)


And that reminds me of a few titles I was supposed to read

Childhood's Emd, Arthur C Clarke
Interview with the Vampire, Anne Rice
Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami
The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton
Coraline, Neil Gaiman
Sourcery, Terry Pratchet (Damn, I seem to have developed a soft spot for Rincewind)
Alice in wonderland, Lewis Carroll

Discounting the other books that I have forgotten about and those that I will buy in the spur of the moment, that will cause a significant hole in my pockets...


Gavin pondered @ 20:57


Under the layers of dust