Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Friday, August 05, 2005
First line in Indonesian


Hari ini, saya ada cacup bahasa Indonesia. Says jumpa cikgu JC saya di Kembanggan.

This day was a day filled with weird conincidences and a tinge of nostalgia.

Making overlays for a map. I haven;t done that in a long time, not since that stint at OCS. Back when I thought I might be destined to lead a life on the battlefield, and perhaps, an innoncent kind of folly that pervaded my being. I'm not really one to miss the past, but w=talking to Mr. Tan about the army life, it inevitably brings out a hint of regret in me. There is jsut something so primal about being in the combat side that the male psyche is able to identify with. It is weird how Mr. Tan and I or any other of the regulars find the generation gap non-existant when we talk about the hell that was military training. Indeed, it is a tempting kind of comaradarie, but nonetheless, it would not be something I would like to feel everyday, for it will only mean one thing: war.

This bonds are best left to war time, for they are forged in times of suffering. No one hopes for peace to be shattered. Not me at least. But damn! I do miss running around in the muck.

I also happened to run into my JC physics lecturer, Mr. Khoo. Quite literally run-into, as I bumped into him while jogging.

It's good to see people you know, and not met in a while. It assures you that normalcy is the prefeerred state of the world. Of course, that is a sick perversion of "reality". MAtter does not have emotions, nor is it subject to the laws of "narration". It is merel the human mind that pieces it together to make sense. Just like how I find more affection for my physics tutor after that long absence. He appeared more endearing and inside the heart, a little flutter, telling me that I miss the good old times. Hell, those were some crazy days.

Don't fret, I will be going back to school in 351 days. Saya mau balik ke sekolah.


Gavin pondered @ 22:12


Under the layers of dust