Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Wednesday, July 27, 2005
I wonder


I'm feeling bored, so let's take a quick timeout to discuss blogs.

I often wonder what my readers expect when they enter my blog. Aside from those who find it through the search engines, I have not a clue tot the motivations behind the visits.

I like to think that many of you come here because of the way I write, that you might remotely fancy the views of a radically misaligned person. It would even be much of an honour to entertain my esteemed viewers if that were the case.

But we'll never know, won't we?

If I were to hazard a guess, the outright majority of the readers of my blog are indeed regular readers. I think the question that should be asked is "Why bother?"

I mean, what is so amusing about the daily occurrences in someone's life? Is there a hope that a new little insight could be revealed through the viewing of one's online diary? I don't have an answer yet, but given the mundane nature of most blogs around, I find it quite miraculous that the proliferation of said blogs are indeed quite rampant.

Personally, I would advise anyone seeking to chronicle the personal events of your life to promptly invest in a diary. That way, there's not a high chance that many people would get to read it. That way, what you do NOT want others to read shall NOT be read.

Blogs are meant to be shared, the name, being derived from weBLOG, and I find it quite a pity that not many people find the courage to express their views without fear of the consequences. They are also aware of the possibility that the wrong person might chance upon the particular entry. If that is the case, my advice is to NOT write that entry in the first place.

Oh, and all the questions here are rhetoric.


Gavin pondered @ 23:13


Under the layers of dust