Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, May 01, 2005


tfaduh was right about Borders. They have a good jazz section there, and to my delight, I finally found the CD. In fact, I found 2 Glenn Miller CDs.

Admittedly, I have not been to Borders very often, and that is a decision that confounds me. It's quite a good place for too, and I might add, a fresh change from Kinokuniya.

I wonder how good their literature section is.

----------

And I wonder how good their History section is.

An inexplicable urge to study history is brewing in my mind. Too study, not to judge.


----------

Back to jazz. It appears that the sound quality is no where close to the pristine state that modern CDs provide. The noise from the original vinyl is quite audible, and is quite distracting, but I'm sure that it would have been worse if I had to listen to a cassette recording or an actual vinyl. After all, modern living has introduced an amazing little trick called digital reasserting.

Of course, I did mention that Glenn Miller and his orchestra were formed way back in the 1930s? Yes, so all the performances would have been at least 60 years old. In fact, it is almost miraculous that such quality is preserved.

Yeah, so all the jazz fas out there, go give Glenn Miller a try. My personal favorite is his "In the Mood". Brilliant piece. The trumpet and Saxophone solo is quite wonderful.


Gavin pondered @ 15:53


Under the layers of dust