Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Thursday, May 12, 2005
Photo log


So, the shots from the SL35ME were ready today, and I got 19 decent shots, which is an improvement over the previous one. Most of the shots were either experimenting with the macro lens or they were night shots. As you could have guess, the night shots were the one that had problems. I had 2 under-exposed ones, and 7 blurred ones.

Well, I present you the photos:

To start it off, there's the collection of Macro shots. I kindly thank Jack for being the model for the first 3 shots.




Jack, the pumpkin king. He's about a foot long? Used a 60mm Macro lens for the closeups.

And to bring things a little closer, a 30mm extension was added to the macro lens, creating a 90mm Lens.

And with that, I shot of the logo on my sweater. It's about 2/3 cm in diameter. Even at such close distances, the depth of view is quite close (I hope it's the correct term). Anything slightly aft focus is quite dramatically blurred.

Again, showcasing the prowess of the lens. Note the depth of view. The difference between the point of focus and the background is a total of less than 10cm.

A shot of my Piano

And one of the fisheye lens

Of course, this, my friends is the highlight of the shoot. A shot of the sky, and myself reflected in the round center of the lock mechanism. You must see it in print, because this scan does not do it any justice. It is quite sublime.


Well took a shot before it got dark. I like the way the sky is reflected in the Merc. Nothing spectacular on the whole though.

And for the night shots, the Supreme Court and City hall were the main subjects. The Esplanade shots all turned out rather bad, but the Fullerton shot was quite brilliant.


The Ever Elegant and stunning Fullerton hotel.

The interior of Fullerton

A rather clever little work of art in the Esplanade. Wax feet with wings.






Of course, the City Hall and the Supremem Court of Singapore.

A very fruitful roll, I might add. Please do check out my imagestation album for larger resolution versions of the shots. They should be up by this weekend.

So, in the mean while, take care, and I'll see you soon.


Gavin pondered @ 17:04


Under the layers of dust