Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Is it you? Or you?


When you criticise someone, and realize you made the same mistakes, you can't help but sit back and smile.

---

If I hear people whispering my name, and a bitter-sweet enmity emerges, I know I have done something right.

Then I smell fear. Someone's scared, afraid they are wrong. I smile, for I know they are right. But, shhh... I won't tell.

They most certainly have overanalyzed, yet they stare straight through. Oblivious to the obvious, and unwittingly feeling glad.

I know you are there, but why? There's no need for would-be heroes. The what-if and should-haves merely serve to waver the iron faith.

And I cannot help but feel angry, but mostly exasperated.It's like trying to hit a target with a ball on the opposite side of the wall. You can't see the target.

Then, how do I win?

I don't, but I smile.

At least I know you are thinking "Is it me?"


Gavin pondered @ 21:40


Under the layers of dust