Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, April 24, 2005
Rollei SL35ME


So I was initiated through the ranks of the Rollei SL35, and took a 4 camera leap straight to the SL35ME. Yes, that's the camera that my Uncle entrusted to my care today.

The difference between this and the SL35? the SL35ME has got a auto shutter speed setting, which sets the shutter speed according to the light meter.This time, I picked two other types of lens to try. The 135 and 50 was utilized quite fully the previous shoot, so I grabbed a wide angle 25 and also a 60 macro lens with a further 30 mm extension body.

That means, I am probably going to spend one roll of film just taking macro shots.

----------

And to my uttter delight, I found a hidden cache of cash. Apparently, I must have stashed it there in my younger days. Hmm... I do recall having a few hidden caches, maybe I would find more when I decide to spring clean my room.

In the meanwhile, I will still be preoccupied with photography. Using a manual camera is so much more enthralling and intriguing.

Just listening to my Uncle tell me about the cameras is such an enjoyable experience. The precision of the mechanics and the craftsmanship, such impeccable attention to detail simply astounds me. So much so that when I hold the camer, I can just feel the intricate construction of the body and can do nothing to stop myself from being mesmerized by the sheer beauty of it all.

The most impressive part? The SL35ME is at least 20 years old.


Gavin pondered @ 19:45


Under the layers of dust