Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Saturday, April 23, 2005


First of, I must apologize for the pictres. They have apparently distorted the layout of my blog. The problem would go away as soon as that entry enters the archives.

----------
Anyways, there's good news from my Uncle. He's going to let me try out another camera soon. The one he loaned me is quite good, and I can only imagine the potential of the next one.
It is amazing that a manual camera is able to make photography more enjoyable.
It introduces an element of unpredictability, and requires much more deliberation before an actual shot is taken. It creates a sense of purpose for each shot, and demands the photographer to have a certain degree of skill with the camera. On top of that, the wait for the negatives to develop further enriches the whole experience.
In other words, it elevates photography into an art form.
Although it must be said that it lacks the instant gratification of a digital camera, but such conveniences are not equatable with the overall experience. I search for well-taken photos, not the ability to take hundreds of photos in a single shoot.
There is no point shooting a thousand shots of a scene, when one well placed shot suffices. Thus I find that the manual camera evates the experience into a more complete one.


Gavin pondered @ 19:41


Under the layers of dust