Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, March 21, 2005
Gareth, Michael, Gareth, Michael.


A short experiment with the [Angel of Death] story.

---------------

In the library of heaven.

Archangel Michael: You see this? The collection of all man's knowledge. The crystalization of the worlds thoughts. A lifetime spent here would do much to enlighten one.

Archangel Gareth: (Smiling) No Michael. They are only a mere fraction of the whole.

---------

As a budding author, I made the mistake of making Michael infallable. Of course, he is not infallable. As almighty and righteous he is, Michael under all those powers is a boring and in many ways, inflexible Angel. He was created with absolute power, but without the free rein to exercise them. His power is bound by his duties.

I must admit I was inclined to look up to Michael in my earlier years. Afterall, his character was all too endearing even for myself. In a way, I yearned to be in his position.

That was then. Michael's position is boring. Gareth on the other hand, is a much more intriguing character. He searches endlessly for knowledge, he questions, and he feels. That was how he was created. However, God's design for Gareth ultimately leads to his leaving heaven.

-----
It is wonderful to have Michael as your buddy, but it is best to have Gareth's view of the world.

I might be wonderful to wield considerable power, but I always believe that an undying thirst for knowledge appeals to me over any authority that can be bestowed upon man.

Having to blindly subject yourself to subordination is never what I consider a previledge. In fact, it is quite agonizing for me. So you have to choose, subordination or freedom.

As you can see, it is a matter of conpromise.

P.S: It is strange to note that I still am obssessed with this topic. Interesting.


Gavin pondered @ 21:10


Under the layers of dust