Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, March 06, 2005
Door


He stepped home tired, kicked off his shoes and slunk into the sofa.The air was humid and the temperature high. He felt vaguely sleepy.

His phone rang. It was her. The usual pleasantries were exchanged.

Then she asked: When will you open the door?

Him: Door?

Her: Yes...

Him(pauses in thought): Hmm... You mean you're outside my house now.

Her: Don't feint ignorance.

Him: . . .

Her: The door to the inner you. You've never opened it to let me in. You talk, but talk remains on the surface. There's a room, but you only show me around the room, never opening the door.

Him: Surely, it has always been opened to you, and to all my friends.

Her: No... Not that door. There's another

Him: Sorry? I don't really catch you drift.

Her(long pause): You've just slammed the door in my face. I understand. 9pause) Idiot!

She hangs up.

And his heart skipped a beat. He stares at the door. It was ajar.

He closed it.

Then back on the sofa he went.


Gavin pondered @ 22:47


Under the layers of dust