Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, January 09, 2005
Take a moment


Take a moment and stop begrudging how the world mistreated you. Stop to think about the other people out there, the people like the handicap, the elderly abandoned in the old folk's home, the starving children , and the countless others less well off.

May we learn that our troubles are merely child's play compared to the hardships that they are being put through. Think of their plight, where problems are not about money, not about love, nor about stree, theirs is a struggle for survival, a struggle for the right to live, and a struggle to face the world.

We must be grateful for the prosperity we find ourselves in. When I see the courage, the determination and the will to live in many of therse people, I cannot help be feel ashamed that I allow myself to believe that the "pains" I am going through are anything worth mentioning , when these other people face far greater challenges with nary a frown. They have earned my respect, and admiration. To count our blessing and not demand more. That is truly a fighting spirit worthy of emulation. Indeed, I find it hard to discren who is really more complete, who is stronger, us or them.

They ahve inspired me.

Sometimes I wish I could just spend my life helping these people, do my little bit to alleviate their pain, to try and make their life that little bit easiier. For now, I can try to do my best to help in any way possible.

At this point, I would like to call out to my friends, if anyone's interested in volunteering in a home? More importantly, anyone who have the neccessary contacts? I would like to do something for these people, especially since the last time I helped out anywhere is more than a year ago.

Fianlly, let us send out our deepest condolences to the family of the tsunami victims. God bless.


Gavin pondered @ 20:45


Under the layers of dust