Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, January 24, 2005
Scrap the previous idea


After some patient research(a rare occurance but nonetheless, a wise decision), I've learnt that my computer will not be able to fully utilize the 6600 card.

Apparently my system's running AGP 4X as opposed to the require 8X of the 6600. That does not imply that I will be unable to utilize the card, but it proposes an interesting dilema. The card will still carry out it's functions, but there is a limit to how much of that power my computer will potentially maximize. You see, It's like having 10 gaqrdeners trying to water 5 pots of plants will 5 watering cans.

At the moment, using the FX5200 is akin to having 8 farmers with 5 watering cans trying to water 20 plants.

The farmers would in this case refer to the graphics card, the watering can my computer system and the plants are the game requirements.

At the present moment, the FX5200 card(AGP 8X) is not even fully utilized by my AGP4X, as demonstrated by the AquaMark test rating that proved 2000 points lower than the standard FX5200 result(7234 compared to a 9300)

Oh well... It looks as though i would have to get a new computer or do some serious upgrading. At the present, the AGP 8X is only equivalent to 10 watering cans, with the PCI-E(16X) being able to perform at twice that of the AGP8X.

Oh darn it. Looks like ALOT of cash would have to change hands. Curses. If only more of them were in my hands now.


Gavin pondered @ 20:34


Under the layers of dust