Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Sunday, December 05, 2004


Spent 5 minuts watching a sunbird trying to peck at the clothes hanging inthe kitchen balcony. Little thing probably mistook one of the clothes for a flower. To be exact it wass pecking at a pink bra. Maybe it feeds on pink flowers. I don't know. Tried to get it to land on my finger but it was too cautious around my presence and eventually flew away.

So much for that distraction.

What I really want to write dwells on pain. Alright, I kid, I am not so glum, but pain is what I'm in now, physical pain that is. Muscles aroudn the shoulders, triceps, deltoids are aching, and the legs are pleading for mercy. The head is feeling rather tipsy and I expect I'm dehydrated. No, I have not been involved in a fight,the lungs are also making quite a ruckus. Above mentioned are merely the after effects of basketball.

The headaches subsiding now as the fluids are being replenished. As I leaned back to lie on the floor for a little rest, my back submitted a complaint letter as well. Ah well I must start training myself to play through intense physical punishment, of which I seem to be on the receving end quite a bit these days.

Then there remains a question? Why do I do this even though it causes such great physical suffering?

It's called love.

Interrupted. Kheng Hwee called while he was on prowling. Guard duty on a weekend... tsk, tsk. After the talk, I was slightly enlightened on something, but I guess it's a little late to know that. Anyways, talked for about half an hour, and now it's back to writing this entry.

Love for the game, that's what drives me to push myself to play, even though every game brings me one step closer to the last game I'll ever play. I just love it too much to quit. What is the pain compared to the fruits of basketball. It is not just a game, it is a TEAM game. I lvoe making those assists, I love hustling for the ball, I love making the key steal, and of course, I like to shoot the ball. Even though I'm not a good player, I just love this game.
Love hurts don't it?

Makes me wonder if indeed hurt and pain are inseperable components of love.
Think about it, mothers experience so much pain when they give birth to their children. Later in life, parents would often find that their children would inadvertedly cause them great pains and frustration among other things.

The same applies to us. If we really love someone, chances are, we have been hurt by them on countless occassions. So what makes us continue to love? I believe that love would require a certain special event to occur between the two parties. For the parent and child, it's pretty obvious. Between friends, the strongest friendships are always forged through certain events, special events might I add.

I mean think about it, have your buddies not gone through shit with you? Might I even add that fear is one of the trigger for many of the relationships around us.? It's just a little hypotesis of mine, but ever heard stories of bringing your date to a horror movie? Or how about your buddy bing the only friend who helped ou when you were in serious trouble? How about those relationships forged on the basis of life-and-death situations, those are perhaps the strongest form of bonding you could ever find.

It's just a very little innovation of nature so that your friends, or loved ones would be able to protect you when you really are in danger.

Might I further surmise that failed marrigaes have no such defining moment in the course of the reationship. It's a bold assumption but could people be so preoccupied with finding love that they jump into a relationship that they have no confidence of mantaining till the ends of time.
Anyway, the freaking headache is back... so I'll be off here.


Gavin pondered @ 18:28


Under the layers of dust