Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Saturday, December 11, 2004


Ooo... Chroistmas is slowly creeping in on us as we still wait for the portends to indicate it's arrival. I must admit it is indeed a little quiet for this time of the year. There is just something lacking, as though everyone has forgotten about christmas? It's too quiet, and I'm feeling a little dampened.

Maybe it's a pretty good indication that all the evil corporationshave lost interest in cashing in on christmas, thuis sparing it the dubious honour of being a commercial festival. Converesely, it also means less effort on the big corporations' part to decorate Singapore and infuse the vital catalyst to kick start the jolly yuletide cheer. It's a interesting yet paradoxical symbiotic relationship.

Interlude: Ok... They just showed a christmas advertisement on TV. Looks like the people who want to make money out of christmas still want their dough.

I'm not a particularly religious person, that fact I must clarify. However for some reasons beyond my own comprehension, I do staunchly believe in the spirit of christmas. "I just like the ideals of christmas" I often say, and what is there not to like about a tim of spreading joy and laughter? It is a season of cheer and a time to make one and all happy.

Christmas is a beautiful festival both in spirit and in aesthetics. The images of christmas trees, snowy white exapnses, with the faint jingliong of the bells on the sleigh up in the clouds. I like how that picture forms in my mind.

And this year, I'm going to give myself the ultimate Christmas present, an iPoD! Yes! I will buy it when the pay for January comes in, which will be in approximately a month! I can't wait!

Countdown to iPod, 30 days!


Gavin pondered @ 19:55


Under the layers of dust