Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Monday, November 15, 2004
LCD screen!


So I headed down to Funan this morning to go monitor shopping. As expected, the CRT monitors are a rare breed, which helped reinforce my decision to purchase a LCD monitor to my parents. Albeit much complaining and grumbling on my parents' part about having to spend money. It's lucky I didn't ask for a new computer, I'm just saving that "shiock" to when I go to University and need to buy a laptop. Yes, the one I'm aiming for is the SONY VIAO with the 12" screen, super small, super sleek, my kib\nda laptop.

Of course, we ended up buying a LCD monitor. DArn... wanted to get the LG one with the cool blue power switch, but it was sold out. Curses...

So we ended up buying a philips one. It's got the DVI port, which it's causing me one minor headache.

Can anyone explain to me why some games say that it's unable to initialize Direct 3D when my video output mode is switched to digital? I don't really understand why such a problem should arise. Ah well... I'll just set it to digital and turn it back to analog when I want to play those games.

LCD is cool. Have I mentioned how pictures seem to look much better on LCD screens? Weird huh? Especially considering that professionals do not advocate the use of LCD monitors because it compromises upon image quality.

Ah well, just as long as I'm happy with that super slim, new device on my computer table, it sdoesn't really matter. From now on, If I'm going to buy a new computer, I'll choose one with a LCD monitor.(Although I think tht in the future, CRTs would be phased out)


Gavin pondered @ 19:26


Under the layers of dust