Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Friday, October 15, 2004
A rather long winded post


First, I'm back home cause I've got 2 days MC due to a viral infection. It really hurt like hell on that miserable island, but miraculously, after returning to the mainland, The pain subsided dramatically. Maybe it's the paracetamol I took before leaving, but whatever it is, I feel much better now with out the constant pounding in my head, though my joints still ache. It's the first time I ever felt my joints ache in this way, land for one, know that the symptoms (aching joints) is associate with dengue fever.

I just killed 2 aedes mosquitoes the other day, but I hope it's not dengue fever. I don't like falling ill, and I don't fall ill often. I hate feeling all weak and wobbly.

For some weird reason, I seem to be exceptionally prone to disease on that infernal hellhole. Tekong is a breeding pool of viruses, and with their lack of hygiene, lack of proper sanitation and the inefficient medical center? I'd be surprised if you tell me no one falls sick there.

The virus always seems to spread very quickly among platoon mates, and I believe it has something to do with the water supply. More specifically, the water coolers. I have a feeling that they aren't filtering out the virus form the water. Especially when 200 odd guys share the same water cooler, and if just one of them happens to be sick, then it will trigger a chain reaction. At the present moment, 13 people are down with viral infection already.

Ah well...

Anyways, I finally brought the notebook with the the stuffs back.

Stuck in hell
a day of perversion turns to delusion
seeking the slightest reprieve
how many souls have gave their warning
he thought he should have heed
but back in hell is where he ground,
his mind his soul was trapped in time.

Ghosts and ghouls obscure his sight,
the ghastly screams engulf his ears.
The devil's call breaks the tranquil state.

is this where he longs to be?
Is this what he yearns to be?
Is that why he chose to flee?
Are there who he'll meet with glee?
Was that how he'll fly of free?

A mournful song the cool breeze sings
The red baked earth has seen it too
Rising up, great tall peaks
grey slate walls of condemnation

to make men they always say
Not break them I'll rather pray.
The scent of sweat and pain
Pervades the stagnant gloom.
A sordid horrid land
of silent morbid men.
He's seen it once, he's seen them fall
Resigned to their fate.

There he sits
Resigned to destiny
And once again a lifeline offered.

This time, he takes it gratefully.

A little "tribute" to that little island, Pulau Tekong. I'm never going back anymore. No way.

Tekong cough
Head's grinding with a constant aching
Pounding, throbbing, like someone's drilling.
Throat is itching, and i am coughing.
Hell no, it's no what I think.
The limbs are moaning
And the mind is groaning
Let me know when the doctor's coming.
Bring me home, send me home, tell you, I just wanna go home.

A pretty nifty poem I wrote at the MO today. The rest of the notebook entries don't really make sense.


Gavin pondered @ 20:34


Under the layers of dust