Precocious. Little. Clover. Devil

Saturday, December 07, 2002


The day of "showdown", Saturday. As I had planned, I met my classmates at Somerset MRT station. Something in me was hoping that I could meet her there. Guess fate decreed otherwise. Well, heck it, I'll just make do with my classmates.

The walk to the Starhub center wasn't joyful at all. All the way, I kept high alert in order to spot that familiar figure among the crowd... nope, don't think I'm such a lucky person. The elavator ride, the walk to the list of names didn't seem to happen. Then I saw thta her name was there on the list. In the same room as I was going to be in. Well, a glimmer of hope perhaps.

Wait wait and wait, nope she wasn't there yet. When will she arrive. I chose a seat in the midst of several unoccupied seats. However, as time passed, the seats were gradually taken... there goes to hope of her sitting next to me.

Just before 9, she entered the room, not like her to be this late. She seemed to be scanning the room, looking for someone. Me? Then she started wavingat me, yup, and I just stuck my tongue out at her... what the hell... Is that the best I could do...

Now I looked around and wondered if there was space for her to sit close to me, there wasn't, actually, there was, but that would require me to move. She decided to sit in front, behind one of her friends. Ok... that really ticked me off. Stay calm.

As she settled down, she began to talk to her friend... not good, I began to grow irritated. After a while, she turned back, and was signalling to me, couldn;t figure out what she was trying to say, I motioned that I didn't understand. She just turned back to face the front. Ok, now I'm pissed. The test began, and perhaps it was due to my anger, I was completing the SAT in a very short time. I seemed to have more thatn half the time left every section, of course which I spent looking at her, wondering. And ever so often, she would turn back, I don't know whether she was looking at the clock behind me or just stealing a glance at me... I don't know.

Finally the test ended, the papers were collected and she talked with ehr friend again. Ok, now I'm furious. After a while , I noticed that she was turning behind, as though trying to look at me, I can't believe I was so angry I just avoided her gaze... The whole exchange seemed to last an eternity, She "staring" back, and me pretending to be occupied. At last we were released, and she just walked off.

Of course, I attempted to give chase, reaching the lift, I saw her with 2 of her classmates, and somehow I panicked and entered the lift. As the doors closed, I thought I heard her classmates telling her I was in the lift. I was sposed to meet my classmates downstairs and expecting her to be down any moment soon, I turned my back to the lift lobby. I was right, she came out off the lift then, however, she just walked off! Great... did I really piss her off now...? I don't know really... the rest of the day was jsut spent playing pool... and other things I can't be bothered to remember.

Help.


Gavin pondered @ 21:07


Under the layers of dust